- Les vergers Boiron 100% Pineapple Puree - 1 oz
- Les vergers Boiron 100% Lime Puree - 1 oz
- Maestro Dobel® Diamante Tequila - 2 oz
- Guajillo chile syrup - 1 oz
1. First, chill Double Old Fashioned glass either by placing in freezer (or refrigerator) or by filling with ice water and setting aside for 5 minutes.
2. Pour Tajin salt into a small saucer plate.
3. Remove glass from freezer (or refrigerator) or if using ice water, empty glass.
4. Moisten half the rim of a glass by rubbing the outer edge with a wedge of lime.
5. Holding the glass by the base, carefully tip it towards the plate at about a 45-degree angle and roll back and forth in the salt, coating only the outer lip of the glass.
1. Measure and pour all ingredients (not including the Tajin Chile Salt) into a Cobbler Shaker.
2. Fill shaker with ice, place top of cobbler shaker back on the shaker and ensure that it is securely closed.
3. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
4. Strain shaken cocktail over fresh ice into the Double Old Fashioned glass.
Garnish: Tajin chile salt, lime wedge (to rim glass)
Bar Tools: Jigger, Cobbler Shaker
Glass: Double Old Fashioned
Tad Carducci is a lifelong bartender, award-winning mixologist and general bon vivant, with twenty-five years experience in the hospitality industry. He has won several major awards and national cocktail competitions and has judged, organized and emceed a few as well.
Co-Proprietor @ Tippling Brothers, New York - 9/1990 - Present
Partner @ Mercadito, Chicago, Illinois - 1/2007 - 12/2014